Cross country training with Julia Knight-Jones at Mini Mattingley, 1 – 4 pm
Venue : Mini Mattingley, Scutts Farm (Farm Entrance), Borough Court Road, Hook, RG27 8JA. (go to www.minimattingleycrosscountry.com)
Cost: £40 for 1.5 hr Organised by Julia Knight-Jones
Julia is a registered BHSII Instructor with a Level 3 UK Coaching Certificate and is very interested in continuing education. She is a friendly, outgoing coach who promotes confidence in both horse and rider, as this is key to success for cross country riding. She teaches at all levels, including Pony Club, and uses her coaching experience and her eventing experience to improve riders’ understanding of all aspects of their riding.
RETURN FORMS are at the end of your latest Magazine or on the website at Training.
Please be ready 5 min before your start time.
For more information and to book your place contact Julia.
- Julia accepts entries through www.MyRidingLife.com. CLICK on WRC EVENTS LINK. Each transaction costs £1.50.
- Julia is also happy to accept entries by post or email with a cheque or payment by BACS.
- To check if there’s a space available, please contact Julia.
Your times will be here 2 days before the date.
Mini Mattingley has a wide range of excellent fences in a convenient schooling field. The course ranges from 60cm to BE Novice and is great for the first timers or experienced alike.
DIRECTIONS TO MINI MATTINGLEY
NB All traffic must approach the farm entrance from the A30 end of Borough Court Road.
Please do not rely on your Satnav as it may bring you in along narrow lanes as Satnavs guide you to the wrong part of Borough Court Road.
On turning into Borough Court Road the farm entrance is 400 m on the left hand side. You will pass Scutts Lodge, Scutts Farm house entrance, Dairy Cottage and Granary Barn of your left hand side.
50m after Dairy Cottage you will come to the farm entrance on your left with a long track leading from it. Go up the track and through the barrier at the and park in the field by the cross country course.
Please note if you arrive at Borough Court entrance you have gone too far. Please do not go down Borough Court Drive.
When leaving, please allow any vehicles coming in up the track first, as it is only single track with no passing points.
Please note the entrance has changed from last year.
From Hook take the A30 towards Hartley Wintney. After approximately 1 mile you will pass The Crooked Billet pub on your left. Continue until Murrell Green, you will see a trading estate on right hand side. Take the left turn into a lane called Borough Court Road, signposted West Green and Borough Court.
From Hartley Wintney direction, take the A30 towards Hook, turning right into Borough Court Road at Murrell Green.
- Please keep all gates from Borough Court Road and on to the cross country course shut at all times.
- Please sign in all riders before entering the course.
- Sorry, no dogs allowed on site.
- Please pick up and dispose of all droppings.
- Please report any breakages to fences, etc. immediately to the Management.
- Please report any accidents, and ensure they are noted in the Accident Book located at the course entrance.