Water treadmill and Bowen Therapy talk at Wellington Riding on Wednesday 4 October, 7 pm prompt – 8.30 pm. Organised by Becky, there will only be 15 places for this talk, so first come, first served!
Cost is £12.50 pp and will include tea/coffee or soft drink and cake. £10 of each ticket price will go to the Willberry charity, as requested by Tonia who runs the centre.
The talk and demo will be about the benefits of the treadmill and Bowen Therapy for horses.
Equine Rebalance Therapy Centre writes:
At the Equine Rebalance Therapy Centre we have the latest design of the Activo-Med water treadmill. Activo-Med have been producing water treadmills for over 17 years with 80+ installations throughout Europe and the U.K.
- New purpose built spacious barn with natural light.
- All staff trained by German vet and expert in hydrotherapy, Dr Matthias Baumann.
- Latestmodel (2017)- only Activo-med water treadmill that offers an incline option as well, which provides the horse with extra fitness options.
- Strong bio-security policy, horses legs disinfected pre and post sessions.
- The water treadmill is sunk into the ground for ease of experience.
- Fees affordable to build into regular training programme.
- No nappies restricting the horses natural movement.
- There are NO chemicals needed to keep water clean due to the efficiency of the filtration system.
Each horse is treated as an individual and a treatment/exercise plan is tailor made accordingly. One of most important things is the horse enjoys the experience, most of them do accept working on it with minimal problems. The treadmill gives them a lot of confidence in their own ability to carry themselves and engage their core and work independently without a rider asking them to do so.
The treadmill is used to improve core strength, muscle development and stride length and is an ideal compliment as part of regular training and is suitable for all horses and ponies whatever their abilities.
The water treadmill is also used for horses coming back from injury (including tendons/ligaments injuries, fractures and kissing spine) being a completely safe and controlled environment. The horse works at a controlled speed in water which provides a blend of resistance, buoyancy, reduced concussion and cold water therapy.
Major benefits for all horses, include:
• Natural exercise medium with therapeutic elements.
• Creates a gentle resistance that helps to strengthen the horse’s body.
• Increasing resistance builds strength and stamina.
• Has a cooling effect for muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints.
• Improves straightness.
• Gait/biomechanical modification and improvement.
• Natural properties of water and hydrokinetic exercise in a controlled environment.
• Substantial reduction in weight-bearing exercise.
• Controlled supervised exercise for rehabilitation and aerobic activity.