WELCOME to WINCHESTER RIDING CLUB!
The date of renewal of your WRC membership subscription is: 1 NOVEMBER 2021
WINCHESTER RIDING CLUB organises competitions, events and training in the Winchester area.
WRC aims to cater for all horse owners who ride principally for pleasure. It is not affiliated to the British Horse Society and is not involved in BHS or BRC training or competitions.
WRC has over 100 members living and keeping their horses in an area 18 – 20 miles around Winchester. Members range from children to older adults and the club caters for all abilities, from very novice riders to professionals, with equal enthusiasm.
There are 3 types of membership:
∙ Individual Membership for adult and junior riders
∙ Family Membership for up to 4 adults and/or juniors at the same address
∙ Non-Riding Membership for people wishing to attend events on foot
WRC was founded in 1988 as a campaigning group to maintain and promote the network of bridleways around Winchester and has grown to become one of the most successful Riding Clubs in Hampshire.
During the year WRC holds about 80 different events covering a wide range of equine activities. We have an enthusiastic committee who work hard to ensure that each event is well organised and the atmosphere is welcoming and friendly. We aim to offer something for everyone, so our programme is both comprehensive and diverse and includes:
∙ Open competitions
∙ Members only competitions and fun events
∙ Non-competitive events, eg, fun rides
∙ Regular instruction in flatwork, dressage, show jumping and cross country
∙ Talks, trips and visits
Our WEBSITE www.winchesterridingclub.co.uk is the first port of call to find out what’s on.
Make the most of your membership by joining our private group on Facebook (www.facebook.com/groups/WinchesterRC) This is a useful and quick way to publicise events, chat, exchange ideas and photos, and encourage more effective Club membership!
As a member you will regularly receive an online newsletter which details everything going on in WRC, but always check the website diary frequently so that you don’t miss what is happening.
You can enter WRC events through www.MyRidingLife.com. CLICK on WRC EVENTS LINK. The cost per transaction is £1.50. This is the preferred method & you know straight away that your entry has been accepted.
Our organisers are all volunteers and have busy lives as well as working hard for the Club, so anything that makes their lives easier is much appreciated. Who does what within the club is detailed under the heading “meet the committee” with their contact details.
Hope you have fun with WRC!
Page BreakWINCHESTER RIDING CLUB
STANDARD RULES and CONSTITUTION
The Club shall be known as Winchester Riding Club.
The objectives of the Club shall be:
a) To encourage riding as a sport and recreation, to promote good fellowship amongst riders and to improve and maintain the standard of riding and horsemanship.
b) To organise instructional meetings, lectures and competitive events and other activities to further the objects.
c) To investigate the subject of bridle tracks and rights of way with a view to opposing those that have been closed and maintaining and more clearly defining those that are in existence.
d) To concern itself with any object which will benefit the horse and horse user in the district.
This shall consist of persons who have been accepted by the Committee and have paid the due subscription for the current period. Honorary membership may be conferred by the Committee upon any person deemed by them to have rendered notable service to the Club.
4. The annual subscription shall be payable on or before 1 November, the first day of the Club’s financial year.
5. The Committee may expel from membership of the Club any member who has breached any of the rules of the Club, or who has in the opinion of the Committee have been guilty of any conduct derogatory to the character or prejudicial to the interest of the Club, provided that before expelling him or her the Committee shall call upon him/her for an explanation of his/her conduct and provide a proper opportunity of answering the allegations against him/her.
- a) All powers of management shall be vested in the adult Committee consisting of the Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer and other Committee members.
b) At the Annual General Meeting each year, one third of the members of the Committee shall retire, the members to retire being those who have been longest in office. Those who have been in office for the same length of time shall determine retiring members by lot. Retiring members shall be eligible for re-election.
c) The Chairman, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer shall be elected annually by the Committee from amongst their number.
- d) The decision of the Committee shall be final unless over-ruled at a General Meeting.
- e) The Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of the rules and for anything relating to the Club not provided therein and their decision shall be final and binding on the members.
f) The committee may formulate by-laws for the detailed running of the Club and elect sub-committees for any special activities of the Club which the Committee may authorise.
g) The Committee shall have the power to fill any casual vacancy arising amongst members of the Committee, but any person so co-opted shall retain office only until the next following Annual General Meeting and then shall be eligible for re-election.
7. The financial year of Winchester Riding Club shall begin on 1 November in each year.
8. The annual subscription shall be:
∙ Individual Membership Adult or Junior £30.00
∙ Family Membership £30 for the first member plus £15 for the 1st additional member, then £10 for each additional member up to a maximum of 4 adults and/or juniors at the same address
∙ Non Riding Membership £17
∙ From 1 May – 31 October the subscription for new members is £20 for the first member plus £12 for each additional person. Non riding membership is £12. The renewal date is 1 November.
∙ There may also be a fee in addition to the above membership fees for new members or lapsed memberships, or such sums as shall from time to time be determined by the Committee.
9. The Committee may appoint annually a President and Vice-Presidents. They shall not by virtue only of such appointment become members of the Committee.
10. The Annual General Meeting is held in November of each year:
a) To receive and, if approved, to adopt a Statement of the Club’s Accounts to the end of the preceding year.
b) To fill vacancies on the Committee.
c) To deal with any special matter which the Committee may desire to bring to the members and to receive suggestions from the members for consideration by the Committee. Notice convening the General Meeting shall be sent to the members not less than 7 days before the meeting and shall specify the matters to be dealt with.
11. A special general meeting may be called by the Committee, or by a request signed by not less than 5 members, specifying the business to be discussed. The Secretary shall give all members 10 days’ notice of the date of such a meeting and shall specify in such notice matters to be dealt with at the meeting.
12. Notice may be given to any member by sending it by post to him/her at his/her address in the United Kingdom registered in the records of the Club. If any member has no address in the United Kingdom such member shall not be entitled to receive any notice. The accidental omission to give notice of a meeting to or the non-receipt of a notice of a meeting by any member shall not invalidate the proceedings of the meeting.
13. These rules may be added to, repealed or amended by resolution at any Annual or Special General Meeting, provided that no such resolution shall be deemed to have been passed unless carried out by a majority of at least two-thirds of the members present and voting thereon, and provided that prior notice has been sent to all members stating the proposed amendment.
14. Members shall be correctly turned out at all club events. Hard hats (standard PAS015, BSEN1384 or above) must be worn. Body protectors are recommended when jumping.
1st November 2021